Monday, October 28, 2013

Homemade Master Bedroom Furniture

Finally able to get a few photos of the bedroom suit we built for the house.  We found these plans on a great site from Anna White.  We made a platform bed and added a farmhouse headboard.  Along with the bed we made 2 small bedside cabinets.  I stained these with a stain with sealer in a color called espresso.  Now that I have had my first real experience with stain, I find I really do not like the stain/varnish product.  I found it a lot harder to manipulate the color due to the varnish.  All in all, they turned out really nice and fit our rustic decor with all their imperfections.




Building this set ourselves and using pine of various sizes, we saved on the cost of furnishing this bedroom considerably.  I shopped online for the linens and window dressings and found some pretty good bargains on closeout sales at West Elm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment